The 7.0.0-13 system update was released on December 9, 2013.
- Added support for Nintendo Network IDs
- Added support for Miiverse
- Added a Software Update Notification
- Removed the limit to system transfers
- Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu to require pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
The following applications were updated: System Settings, Activity Log(non-JPN), Nintendo 3DS Camera(non-JPN), Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass Mii Plaza, eShop, System Transfer, Face Raiders, and AR Games. A new title was added where the TID-High is the application TID-High.
System Settings fix
The NVRAM DS settings vulnerability in System Settings was fixed by adding the following code for the string length fields: before copying the data, the updated function will use the actual max length of the string for copying data if the length from the settings is too large.
The "area:" archive, an unknown archive, and the "eula:" archive were updated.
FIRM and whitelist
NATIVE_FIRM and the DS gamecard whitelist were updated.
NATIVE_FIRM now supports a new encryption method for certain NCCH sections, when a flag in the NCCH header is set. The keyslot for this is now initialized during NATIVE_FIRM boot from the same function which initializes the 6.0 gamecard savegame keyY, see the NCCH page for details. No 7.0.0-13 system titles seem to use this new encryption, this is presumably enabled by default for all titles built starting with 7.0.0-13+ for non-system titles: the first known title to use this was the updated version of the eShop YouTube application.