Talk:3DS System Flaws
- That crash isn't exploitable unless you're extremely lucky. Don't waste your time. --Luigi2us 20:44, 15 August 2011 (CEST)
It is not so bad to looking for buffer overflow.
But try to know about file system is more important.
And we do not know enough about CCI,... formats to write an exploit with a loader which loads an executable file! Maybe we should try to make a savegame exploit...
Yeah, yeah, great hacking plans, kids. What are you going to do once you find a buffer overflow? Blindly write stuff to memory hoping to hit the PICA200 registers someday? Quit wasting your time with buffer overflows. Come back when more is known. --Luigi2us 20:42, 15 August 2011 (CEST)
How would you write a 3DS Exploit, Luigi2us?
We should ask Neimod to use his RAM dumping setup to see where link's name is in OOT:3D. If it is not properly limited, and is near the regions the console executes next, we might be able to get a buffer overflow exploit. We should try to get a way to do a system exploit ASAP with this method --Alex theman 16:00, 15 July 2013 (CEST)
- Dear iirc, neimod use RAM modfication not exploit, and yellow use exploit. --snip-- --Syphurith 06:29, 16 July 2013 (CEST)
I know that and we should see what would happen, if we could get this exploit running. And by the way you are really mentally handicapped and should not be posting on this wiki period. Third, your a cowboy bebop at his computer. And I have been on the sega fourms and i know this BS like the back of my hand. Go on the Sega fourm now!. Before you get banned! For stupidity!
- Orz. All okey. If you are hurted, take my apologize. I'm not wanting to hurt anyone, so not knowing why you're getting angry. Also i would take no more interests in that gateway (at least before anyone confirmed that).
- Buffer overflow is somewhat difficult for ARM executables since there is no-execution flags. So yellow's is ROP.
- If you think you're very powerful to get new progress just contact him on IRC not here (he merely be here). Also that is your idea that a RAM dump may help so please ask him yourself.
- Always be calm. This wiki is not a site for querrals - So if you think i'm wrong OK i'm wrong.
- >>Head back to continue MSIL hacking.. Have a good time here.--Syphurith 08:16, 18 July 2013 (CEST)
SAFE FIRM was only updated once, at 3.0: maybe because of the OTP locking fail? --motezazer 20:56, 02 January 2017 (CET)