When the 3DS does not find the NAND chip, the following error is displayed:
|00F800FE 00000000 00000000 00000200 00000000||Error when having SD-card reader connected to NAND during boot.|
|00F800FE 00000000 00000000 00000400 00000000||NAND not found error (?)|
|00F800FE FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000080 00800000||NAND error when DAT1 was used as DAT0.|
|00F800FE FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000005 00800000||NAND error when DAT2 was used as DAT0.|
|00F800FE FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000005 00000000||NAND error when DAT3 was used as DAT0.|
 NAND Reads
During a successful boot on 6.x, the bootloader (and firm) reads the following sectors from NAND (in this order):
00000000 (NCSD Partition Table) 0B130000 (FIRM Partition) 0B530000 (Secondary FIRM Partition) 0B130000 (FIRM: Header) 0B130200 (FIRM: Section 1) 0B163E00 (FIRM: Section 2) 0B193E00 (FIRM: Section 3) 00013000 .. Below is probably NATIVE_FIRM booting .. 00014000 00015000 00016000 00017000 09011A00 09011C00 09012000 09012400 ...
 The 3DS' Boot procedure:
- 0 Seconds - unit is powered on the ARM9 and ARM11 bootroms begins execution
- 2 Seconds - ARM9 bootrom attempts to initialize the NAND. If the NAND is successfully initialized, the ARM9 bootrom loads the firmware stored in the NAND FIRM partition which handles booting the rest of the system(if verification for NAND firm0 fails, the ARM9 bootrom will attempt to use firm1 instead). The ARM11 kernel loaded from FIRM then launches the CXI ARM11 system modules loaded from FIRM(Note that the ARM11 kernel does not handle any encryption/RSA verification, this is handled by the ARM9). If the NAND cannot be initialized, (i.e. the NAND chip is not connected/damaged etc) a blue error screen similar to the screen above appears.
- 3 Seconds - all essential hardware is active. The PM module launches NS, NS then launches ErrDisp and the current active menu via PM module. For retail units this menu is usually the Home Menu. NS will auto-boot titles instead of launching ErrDisp/Home Menu, if auto-booting is needed. Note that PM module first launches the module dependencies when launching a process, prior to actually launching the process.
- 4 Seconds - the LCD screens are initialized
- 7 Seconds - Home Menu is fully initialized/loaded