The 9.3.0-21 system update was released on December 8, 2014.
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off
- Available software updates can now be downloaded from the HOME Menu
- Users can now capture screenshots with both the upper and lower screens included
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Japanese New3DS-exclusive change log:
- Added support for various Japanese NFC wallets
- Added "amiibo Settings" in HOME Menu
- It is possible to delete the data which registered the owner and nickname of amiibo, written to amiibo.
The following new titles were added: Fangate_updater, Old3DS NFC system-module, and the amiibo Settings system-applet.
The following applications were updated: eShop and Nintendo Network ID Settings.
The placeholder New3DS "menu" application was updated for all regions, this is still stubbed. Likewise for the USA placeholder "friend" application. The JPN New_3DS Health and Safety Information application was updated.
The following applets were updated: Home Menu, Miiverse, memolib, appletEd, PNOTE_AP, and mint.
The New3DS Internet Browser was updated for all regions.
0004009B00012302 + equivalent titleIDs for other regions and 0004001B00018002 were updated.
The following system-modules were updated: Cfg, HID, AC, NIM, IR, RO, NS, act, camera(Old3DS), GSP(Old3DS), and i2c(Old3DS).
The following New3DS system-modules were updated: camera, GSP, i2c, nfc, and qtm.
Old3DS and New3DS NATIVE_FIRM were updated.
Support for amiibo was added. Support for the Old3DS NFC peripheral(which communicates with 3DS via IR) was added.
All updated New3DS titles now use New3DS-specific NCCH crypto, see here.
Most of the ARM11 kernel changes were to fix an ARM11 kernel flaw.
All ARM9 kernel changes:
- The ARM9 kernel equivalent of the above code involved with the above ARM11 kernel flaw was updated, the changes for that are exactly the same.
- An unknown kernel function was updated, this function seems to be ARM9-kernel specific.
All Process9 changes:
- The code for validating the exheader was updated: the total number of service-access-control entries this uses was changed from 0x20 to 0x22, and the valid range for "ARM9 Descriptor Version" was changed.
- Keytype value 0x9 support was added to PSPXI:EncryptDecryptAes.
- The New3DS-only commands for Process_Services_PXI were removed, the code/data for those were moved into NFC module.
- Support for New3DS-only NCCH encryption was added.
- Support for gamecard savedata encryption using New3DS-only keyslots was added, see here.
System update reports: